Friday, July 10, 2009

Patience...

With most things in life, patience is an especially important virtue. The art of making pottery is definitely a test of your patience. Learning the skill on the potters wheel - taking the time to master the technique of throwing and then of trimming and finishing a piece. I've never claimed to be a patient person, in fact I've said many times that the only thing I have patience with is my art.

This weekend was a good example of me getting ahead of myself and perhaps a little too confident and going against my better judgment. I was trying to rush the drying process on some pieces so that I could fire them and get some special orders done. The result: 3 blown up pieces. Lots of lost time and a new beginning...not exactly what I was looking to accomplish. Sometimes the voice in your head is the voice of reason, have the patience to listen and translate the meaning.




No comments:

Post a Comment