Monday, September 6, 2010

Who's the Judge?


This evening I had the pleasure of being the judge for the Ceramics and Crafts categories at the fair in my home town. This is at least the 4th year that I have been a judge. You can be a judge for two years and then someone new rotates in.

Judging the categories is pretty interesting. I try to look at the creativity of the entries, the construction of the pieces and the precision of the painting. Comparing entries becomes a little more difficult when you are looking at elementary students work though. Not to be biased, but I have to be a little more lenient with them. I don't want to scar them for life!

While I was judging, there was a group that came through and saw that their entries had been judged. I heard many squeals and excited words coming from the kids. I know I can't make everyone happy, but it was nice to know that I made someone happy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment